- Aunt Mildred's Shepherd's
- This recipe was shared with family in friends in loving memory
of Aunt Mildred Marie Guinn Stoots. We lost our precious Aunt
in January 2009. And we happily share our memories of her kitchen
with the world.
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 6
- 5 med potatoes
- Salt, Butter & Milk
- 1 ½ lb. ground beef
- 2 cans vegetable beef soup
- Strips of Velveeta cheese
- Onion (optional)
- Bake, peal and mash potatoes.
- Season to taste with salt, butter and milk.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Dice small onion and add to beef. Cook until soft.
- Add soup and let simmer.
- Pour ground beef and soup in casserole dish.
- Spread creamed potatoes on top.
- Lay strips of Velveeta cheese on top of potatoes.
- Bake in oven at 350° F oven until hot and cheese is melted.
- Use any variety of cheese, colby jack is a great substitude.