- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Cakes, Cookies & Pies
- Vickie's Country Pecan Pie
- It's a cold crisp day and you're cooking an early fall family
meal. Top it off with a delicious fall favorite, a homemade pecan
pie. It's simple and easy for any beginner to fix.
- Total preparation time: 1 hour.
Cooking time 50 minutes. 15 minutes for cooling.
- The Crust:
- This recipe calls for a two-crust pie. One crust for the
pie, and one for decorating the edges.
- Follow the Two Crust Pie Recipe.
- The Pie Filing:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ tspn salt
- ¼ tspn cinnamon (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup butter/margarine (slightly melted)
- 1 ¼ cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup unchopped pecan halves
- Pre-heat oven 425°
- Chop pecans and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt) in
a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until frothy, then add the
corn syrup and butter.
- Stir in syrup mixture to the dry ingredients . Mix thoroughly
- Stir in chopped pecans. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into pie pan and smooth out as necessary.
- Place unchopped pecan halves in a circle around the edge
of the filling, working inward to the center. It's best to place
the flat side of the nut down.
- Place the cookie dough cuttings around the edge of the pie.
- Cover the entire pie with aluminum foil and Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the
center is set.
- To Serve:
- Serve warm with your favorite topping.