- Carey Family's
- These Meatballs are perfect for feeding the
race time gang.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes preparation,
60 minutes cooking time
- 2 lb hamburger
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 14oz cans Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 2 12oz jars chill sauce
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix meatball ingredients together in a
large mixing bowl.
- Knead the mixture until fully mixed
- Mold into meatballs about 1 inch in
diameter (a hand-held meatball maker is perfect for this).
- Brown meatballs in a skillet.
- While they're cooking, prepare the
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a
crock-pot, and thoroughly stir mixture.
It's ok if the Jellied Cranberry is a little chunky. It will smooth out
- Drain the meatballs and add them to the
sauce in the crock-pot.
- Gently mix the meatballs with the sauce
so as not to break your meatballs apart.
- Check on your pot every 30min to gently stir the sauce around your meatbals.
- Cook on high for 60 to 90
time will depend on your crockpot. Cook for 45min and check on your
concoction. If they could use a little more time to brown or darken add
15min. You can also turn the heat to low and keep them warm for up to 2
- Serve hot with fresh cornbread.
- I like to use Italian spiced bread crumbs instead of plain, it adds a little flavor.
- Exchange the Jellied Cranberry Sauce with a 32oz jar of Welch's Concord Grape jelly
- Being diabetic, I don't use the brown sugar at all. There's enough sugar in the Grape jelly.
- Instead of the chili sauce, I like using Masterpiece Original Barbeque Sauce.