- Hot Toddy Cold
- I'm not sure where we got this recipe, but we've
used it on several occasions and it truly works. We think we found it
in one of our Grand Mothers recipe note books. I think Gary found it in
his GrandMa Great's papers. So
we're going to attribute it to her.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
oz Jack Daniels Whiskey (not Jack Daniels Honey)
- 1 tblspn honey
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- 4 oz water
- Pour Jack Daniels into a hot safe mug and set aside.
a medium sauce pan, heat the water to just boiling.
- Reduce heat and add lemon and honey.
- Stir until honey is dissolved in the
heated mixture into the mug with the Jack Daniels and stir.
- Add a slice of Lemon if desired
- Serve hot, preferably while you're under a nice warm blanket!
You might also like Maw Stoot's recipe to Rum out a Cold.
- Any whiskey brand will do.
- You can divide the water measurement into
- 1 oz lemon juice
- with 3 oz water
- Instead of a lemon you can use lime. But don't use orange.
- You can stir with cinnamon sticks.
- Honey is a natural antiseptic and cough suppressant. It's the one thing you shouldn't trade out in your hot toddy.