- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Salads & Sandwiches
- Cucumber Sandwiches
of my plans for my Spiritual Center is to hold a Tuesday Tea Time at
Two. A time where we can sit and chat, share conversations and maybe
some crumpets, cakes, cookies and of course cucumber sandwiches. What's
high tea if you don't have some traditional English treats. I'm making
my plans on Pinterest and store up some ideas for High and Low Tea at Tea, Coffee & Cakes.
- This is my recipe, it's plain and simple. But it can be spiced
up with colorful additions.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing or dressing mix
- 12 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 to 3 medium cucumbers
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and dressing mix. Mix
- Add salt to taste and mix again.
- Peel cucumbers if desired; I recommend you do. But leaving
the skins can add color to your servings
- Dice the cucumbers into small squares and add to the dressing
mix. Combine thoroughly.
- Cut your bread slices into small squares, rectangles, or
use a small cookie cutter for some fun shapes. Each sandwich
should be about 2inches large.
- Place 1 tblspn of cucumber dressing mix on a slice and top
with remaining bread.
- Serve immediately
- Cut a tomato into small 1/4inch squares to add flavor and
color to your sandwich.
- Cut an onion into small squares to add flavor.
- Use any type of your favorite dressing to spice up the flavor,
such as Italian or French.
- Save yourself some time by purchasing small tea sandwich
loafs at your local deli.