- Vickie's Country Salmon
- I've never been one for fish. But a friend of mine invited
me to a special dinner where her husband was going to grill salmon
steaks. He used traditional butter and lemon to saute the salmon.
One thing I don't like, is lemon. But during dinner I dropped
a piece of salmon in my salad, which was lightly draped in Ranch
dressing. Oh man, did it greatly improve the fish! The following
week I tried a new concoction on my husband and it has become
one of his favorite main dishes.
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: Varies
- Salmon - thawed
Best when fresh from the meat/fish section of your grocery store.
Choose your size. You can use individual salmon steaks (about
3"x5") to a full salmon filet.
- Ranch Dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F
- Measure and cut a slice of aluminum foil, to make a pouch
large enough to enclose the fish inside.
- Place the bottom half of the foil on a cookie sheet.
- Lightly butter the bottom half of the aluminum foil to keep
the skin of your fish from sticking.
- Place your fish on the foil and cover with Ranch dressing.
- Place a few toothpicks in the fish to help hold the top half
of the foil off the top of the fish.
- Fold the top half of the foil over the fish and fold the
open sides together to make a closed pouch.
- Place cookie sheet with your fish in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Be careful when opening the foil pouch, the steam will be
- Serve hot with Herb Potato Wedges
and your favorite veggies or salad.
- You can use varying cream dressings. But Ranch works best.