- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Cakes, Cookies & Pies
- Garrett's Chocolate Chocolate-Chip
- A chocolate lovers dream.
- ½ cup butter (softened, not melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ tspn baking soda
- ½ tspn salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Mix dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt)
together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (butter, vanilla, egg, vanilla, milk)
in a separate mixing bowl. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixture and beat well. Use a fork
or mixer on medium speed.
- Blend in chocolate chips.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until almost set (do not over
- Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely on wire rack, or paper towel sheets.