- Heritage Home | Family Genealogy | Recipes
- Name: Joseph M. Dugger
- Born: February 13, 1818
- Location: Carter County, Tennessee
- 1) 1852 - Mary Ann Stepp
- in Carter County, Tennessee
- 2) Aft 1856 - Elizabeth C. Campbell
- Died: March 1, 1896
- Notes :
- Tennessee Marriage & Bible Records (Ancestry.com)
- Pg. 307 & 309
- Last Will and Testament of John Dugger
- From the records of County Court Clerk of Carter County.
- Sent by Mrs. W. M. Faught, Elizabethton, Tn.
- Last Will and Testament of John Dugger, deceased:
- 7. I desire that my son, Joseph Dugger, shall have the land
he now lives on. The minerals of iron ore to be divided wit his
brothers if they want to work in the Forge and sawmill. I desire
them to sell to some of their brothers. I desire that Jacob F.
Dugger have an equal share in my forge and Iron Works lands and
sawmill. I desire that my son, Hiram Dugger, shall have a piece
of land on the Chestnut Ridge, thought to be one hundred and
twenty acres, more or less, adjoining the flat of Dugger Branch,
and an equal share in my Forge and sawmill and Forge land with
his brothers that has a part in said Forge land, only his brother,
John Dugger, has two shares in the Forge land, the mines and
minerals expected for me and my heirs.
- 9. I desire that Joseph Dugger shall have an equal share
with his brothers in my part of the Forge and sawmill and an
equal part in my share of the Forge land with the rest of his
brothers, only his brother, John, he has two shares in the Forge
land, mines and minerals excepted for my use and the use of my
- 20. I desire that S. Quince Dugger and Peter E. Dugger and
Joseph Dugger, my sons, shall make settlement with their brothers
and sisters and all others that have lawful claims.
- 21. I desire that my well beloved brother, William Dugger,
help my heirs in their settlement and keep them at peace if he
can, and that Peter and Joseph and S. Quince Dugger pay him for
his trouble out of my estate.
John Dugger, Sen. - Last
Will and Testament .