- Heritage Home | Family Genealogy | Recipes
- Name: Elias Morris .
- Born: 1805
- Location: Montgomery County North Carolina
- 1) 1826 - Sarah ?
- in Montgomery County, North Carolina
- Died: August 30, 1853
- in E. PeeDee River District, North Carolina - Montgomery
- Zebedee William Morris
- Thomas F. Morris
- William C(happell?) Morris
- Larkin A. Morris
- Sarah Morris
- Henry W. Morris
- James D. Morris
- 1850 Montgomery Co., NC Federal Census
Morris, Elias age 45 male farmer born NC
Morris, Sarah age 48 female born NC
Morris, William age 18 male laborer born NC (1831)
Morris, Larkin age 16 male laborer born NC (1833)
Morris, Sarah age 14 female born NC (1835)
Morris, Henry W. age 12 male born NC (1837)
Morris, James D. age 10 male born NC (1839)
- William Chappell Morris (1831) ? Larkin A. Morris (1834)
? Zebedee W. Morris (1827) brothers in the Confederacy ? and
a brother named Thomas Morris (1830). They were all born in Montgomery
County NC, most migrated westward into McDowell County NC, then
Buncombe County NC, then Madison County NC, and eastern Tennessee.
- The family tradition that William C. Morris was William Chappell
Morris should not be ignored as to the possible identity of his
mother Sarah ? whose family name, perhaps, was Chappell. Zebedee
W. Morris ? - had a son whose name was Pardee Chappell Morris,
and Pardee had a son who he named Chappell.
- The note about Thomas Morris and wife Mary ?Polly? Williams
provides some clues. If this Thomas was born about 1830, he could
be the brother of Zebedee, William and Larkin (which he probably
was). With Thomas? wife?s name being ?Williams?, that is also
the surname of Zebedee?s wife ? she was Emeline Williams.
Zebedee had his right arm amputated at Petersburg VA in the fall
of 1864 after having been hit with a cannon ball (probably what
is known as ?grape shot?