- Heritage Home | Family Genealogy | Recipes
- Name: Samuel Pierce Carey
- Born: Abt 1864
- Location: Jonesboro, Washington Co., TN
- 1) 20 Sep 1892 - Bertha Jeanette Slonaker
- Location: Washington Co., TN
- Death Date: 03 Feb 1915
- Death Location: Knoxville, Knox Co., TN
- Mary Inez Carey .
- Samuel Hobart Carey .
- Samuel Ernest Carey .
- Maude B Carey .
- William T Carey .
- James E Carey .
- Paul C Carey .
- Samuel Pierce Carey Jr. .
- John D Carey .
- Charles R Carey .
- 1870 United States Federal Census about Daniel P Carey
Name: Daniel P Carey <-- Incorrect translation of census handwritting
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1864
Age in 1870: 6
Home in 1870: District 14, Washington, Tennessee
Value of real estate: View Image
Post Office: Jonesboro
- Benjamine Carey
- Sarah C Carey
- William Carey
- Henry B Carey
- Joseph Carey
- Daniel P Carey
- Worley E Carey
- Cordelia C Carey
- <- Daniel should be Samuel
- Notes 2:
- S.P. Carey (Business Card)
Candidate for the Republican Nomination for Criminal Court Clerk,
Knox County, Primary April 2nd, 1910
I am fort-six years of age.
Have lived in Knox County twenty-three years.
Stand for strict enforcement of all laws.
My Record stands as an open book.
Never before asked for Public Office.
Will appreciate your help and influence.
- Treasurer Columbia Council, No. 43 ("The American Banner",
Knoxville, TN, Aug 21, 1909, p. 3, Newspaper clipping)
He is a devout Junior and one of teh best workers in the council
for V., L. and P. He has been diligent in helping the American
- Notes 3:
- 1910 United States Federal Census about Samuel P Cary
- Name: Samuel P Cary
- Age in 1910: 46
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1864
- Birthplace: Tennessee
- Relation to Head of House: Head
- Father's Birth Place: Tennessee
- Mother's Birth Place: Tennessee
- Spouse's Name: Bertha
- Home in 1910: Knoxville Ward 7, Knox, Tennessee
- Marital Status: Married
- Race: White
- Gender: Male
- Household Members:
- Samuel P Cary
- Bertha Cary
- Anese Cary
- Hobert Cary
- Earnest Cary
- Maud Cary
- William Cary
- Janes Cary
- Paul Cary
- Samuel P Cary Jr
- <- Mary Inez
- <- Samuel Hobart
- <- Samuel Ernest
- <- Maude
- <- James
- <- Paul
- Notes 4:
- Carey--Samuel P. Carey, fifty-one years of age, died Wednesday
evening at seven o'clock at his home at 826 Eleanor street, where
he had been confined only a few days, with pneumonia. Although
he had been ill for a few days previous to Saturday, he was able
to come to his place of business at the Market house on that
date. He had conducted a stall in the market house for several
years and was a substantial citizen and business man.
- Mr. Carey came to Knoxville from Jonesboro about twenty-five
years ago. He was a member of the Methodist church, and of several
secret orders. Surviving him are his widow and ten children,
also two sisters and five brothers.
- At one time Mr. Carey was a candidate for circuit court clerk
of Knox county, and was defeated by a small majority. He was
a man well liked by all who knew him.
- Funeral arrangements will not be completed until after the
arrival of several relatives from elsewhere.
- Samuel P. Carey.
- The funeral of Samuel P. Carey, aged 51 years was conducted
at Trinity M.E. church Friday afternoon, Rev. O.B. Tarwater and
Rev. G.T. Francisco officiating. Interment will be in Greenwood
- The active pall-bearers were J.C. Carter, W.C. Bradley, W.O.
Shanton, C.B. McKeehan, A.J. Dossett and W.J. Million.
- The honorary pall-bearers were Jesse L. Henson, F.C. Laughead,
J.F. Long, T.M. Shipley, W.A. Walker and A.A. Butler.