- How To Live A Positive Life
- How you think and look a the world around you affects how
you feel. Everyone sets up patterns for how you think, how you
look at situations or react to events in your life. And these
thought patterns can cause you to be bogged down in negativity.
- These patterns in your life become
part of you, part of who you are and what you are. So what do
you do if you want to change these negative patterns and live
a more positive life?
- Many people talk the talk of being a spiritual being. Some
put their beliefs into practice once a week, or only when they're
conducting rituals. Many forget that walking a spiritual path
means walking it every moment of your life. It's not enough to
give it lip service to impress your friends, or give yourself
a false sense of "living right". It means "Walking
- Let me start with a definition:
- Divine Universal Spirit - we're talking about the Divine
force in your life. Whither that's the GreatSpirits, a God or
Goddess, Jehovah, Buddha etc; its what YOU call the Divine force
in your life. For this article, I'll be calling that force the
Divine Universal Spirit.
- There are three main components to Walking Your Talk.
- 1. Meditation - To feel the Divine Universal Spirit within
you and in your life.
- 2. Energy - What you create and put out, you will get back.
- 3. Action - Putting your spiritual beliefs into practice.
- Gather Together:
- · A belief in yourself to change into the being you
want to be.
- · Remembering that you cannot change the past; you
can only change the way you allow the past to affect your present
- Step 1:
- Each of us is a creation of the
Divine Universal Spirit. We are connected to it, part of it and
it lives within us. Most everyone here believes they have a higher
self, what some call the God Self; what I prefer to call the
Divine Self. The part of you that works on becoming an enlightened
spiritual being. Many people hold their spiritual being separate
or at a higher level than their physical being. From one perspective
this maybe an accurate view. But we are still physical incarnated
beings and a part of your physical being also needs to be present
and cared for in a spiritual way to work toward achieving enlightenment
in this lifetime. So let's work on bring those two parts of the
- The Divine Self is that part of our higher mind that connects
us to the Divine Universal Spirit. But it's more than just a
bridge to the Divine consciousness. It's also where we have the
ability to create, to alter and to develop what we are, what
we do and what we can achieve in this life. Not just on a spiritual
level, but also on a physical level.
- We often forget this. We often forget that inside each of
us is a "creative" source of energy that is connected
to an unlimited supply of Divine Creation energy. Nothing we
want to achieve can be halted or deterred when we make that connection
and utilize that source of energy in our lives. Nothing is stronger
than the Divine creation. You have the ability to create happiness,
achievements, success and enlightenment all within your very
being. Again, not just on a spiritual level, but on a physical
level as well.
- The problem a lot of people face is how do you tap into that
part of yourself where the unlimited universe exists? It starts
with meditation. Meditation is the way we build the bridge between
our conscious (physical mind) and subconscious (spiritual mind)
and super-conscious mind (Divine Self). By making this connections
stronger and stronger each time you meditate, you are establishing
a permanent bridge between these conscious minds. One you can
use not just in meditation, but through out your waking day.
When you're faced with an issue, or a problem, you can easily
cross the bridge and look at what's going on from a higher perspective,
that of your Divine Self. Doing this can help you react to negative
situations in a positive light, instead of reacting in a knee
jerk negative way and making matters worse.
- Step 2:
- Because your Divine Self has the energy to create, you have
the ability to create your day in the manner in which you desire.
That in turn will create your week, your month, your year and
your life. You can create happiness, success, and prosperity
- A quick note about prosperity.
We're not just talking about financial prosperity, although that
is part of it. But more so, we're talking about the prosperity
of spiritual enlightenment, mental happiness, love, compassion
and so on. In other words, the prosperity of all aspects of your
life in both a spiritual and physical sense.
- How we think each morning starts the process of creation.
Thought is energy that we put into motion on the ethereal plane.
It moves around us, through us and walks the path we walk until
it manifests in physical form. Once in physical form, the event
created by our thought will generate a reaction from us. Again,
creating a thought that creates a pattern of energy that we put
into motion. It's a cycle of energy that we establish around
ourselves each moment of our lives. In other words, this is the
Law of Accountability in action. What you put out, you get back.
The Law of Accountability governs how you live your life and
conduct yourself through out your life.
- So you can see how it can be important for people to create
positive energy in their life. Starting each morning, and moving
along through out their day. How you feel about yourself, about
where you have to go or whom you have to interact with, all starts
with those first thoughts of the day. Dread creates negative
energies. Excitement can create positive energies. And so on.
Those thoughts set up how you will face the people and situations
that cross your path. And how people will react to you along
- If you can start your day with positive insight, then you
set up a pattern to react to situations (even bad situations)
in a positive manner, and positive energies are created and brought
- If you start your day with negative insight, then you set
up a pattern to react to situations in a negative way and it's
like a snowball effect. Negative thoughts; create negative energies,
which establish negative activities or situations, which create
negative thoughts again. Then things can go from bad to worse,
because you're bringing negative situations upon negative situations
into your life.
- Step 3:
- Action - Walking Your Talk
- So how do you go about putting all this into action? Many
years ago a wonderfully kind Native American Shaman named Roger,
told me that when he looks at me, he thinks, "walking your
talk". When he said it to me I was filled with such elated
tingly energy that his comment has always stuck with me and I
began to develop a concept of what that means. So
let me share with you the three steps for "Walking Your
- 1. Setting your day with positive energy.
- First, set aside at least an hour each week for a meditation
that takes you to your Divine Self or Higher Mind. Focus on your
own spirit, it's knowledge, wisdom and it's connection to the
greater Divine Universal Spirit. Really "feel" yourself
at this level of your being. Along with the love, compassion
and energy of the Divine in and around you. Pull this awareness
into your physical being, your conscious and subconscious minds.
- Each morning, before you get out of bed spend about 5 minutes
creating the positive spiritual outlook for your day. Do this
through a focused, calm, visualization or light meditation. Think
of yourself as the Divine Spiritual Being that you are. Talk
to yourself about walking your spiritual path as you go about
your activities of the day, from the perspective of your Divine
Self. From the positive light and insight of the divine beliefs
you hold near and dear to your heart and soul.
- 2. Creating supports for your daily activities.
- The atmosphere you place yourself in during your day is also
important. If your home or office feels negative to you, then
it's time to clear and cleanse it. You can use incense, candles,
prayer, crystals or a combination of things. Whatever feels right
- 3. Ending each day with thanks and gratitude.
- Just as important as setting your energy in the morning,
you need to set it at night and remember where all this came
from. Giving credit where credit it due is also a key component
to a spiritual path. It builds confidence in yourself and your
own abilities. It affirms your connection to the Divine Universal
Spirit around you.
- For More Information:
- This article is a shorter complied synopsis of Rev.
Carey's Doctorate Dissertation
- Additional Tips:
- Additional Reading
- I hope this little article helps those of you on a spiritual
journey in some fashion. You can create what you want in life
through your Divine Self and your connection to the Divine Spirit.
Starting with your own Divine Path. Believe That, Acknowledge
That, And Walk That!
· Living In The Light; Shakti Gawain -New World Library,
· The Path Through Transformation; Shakti Gawain - Nataraj
· Living With Joy; Sonya Roman -HJ Karmer, Inc. 1986
· Centering A Guide To Inner Growth; Sanders Laurie &
Melvin Tucker - Destiny Books, 1983